Towards the top of final week, a mass arrest dubbed “Operation After Frost” led to the indictments of 15 completely different people and roughly 34 costs.
It additionally result in the execution of a search warrant at a residence that result in the seizure of roughly 454 grams or one pound of suspected crystal methamphetamine valued at $45,400, in response to Virginia State Police Particular Agent R. B. George.
George stated the Halifax/South Boston Regional Narcotic and Gang Process Pressure carried out a mass arrest of suspects who had been targets of ongoing legal investigations involving distribution of narcotics and firearm violations.
The fees consisted of distribution of methamphetamine, conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, distribution of heroin/fentanyl, distribution of cocaine, possession of schedule I/II whereas in possession of a firearm, distribution of methamphetamine whereas in possession of a firearm and felon in possession of a firearm.
Police stated the aim of this operation is to soundly apprehend these listed within the indictments; gather any available proof related to their costs; and safe and execute search warrants on buildings and/or autos as the necessity arises.
“We additionally took the chance to focus efforts on trying to find topics needed all through the county that had been fugitives since we had such a robust contingency of sources/manpower allotted to this operation,” stated George.
• Ashley Elizabeth Bowers, two counts of distribution of a schedule III;
• Shekita Chandler, one rely of distribution of a schedule I/II (cocaine)
• Montreal Daymon Cheatwood, two indictments for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon: possession of a hid weapon;
• Mable Victoria Cheatwood, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; two counts of distribution of schedule I/II (cocaine);
• Davey Gene Comer, possession of a managed substance;
• Stefon Demario Davis, two counts of contempt of courtroom (failure to look) and two counts of violation of probation;
• James Wesley Dawson, larceny;
• Bryson Deshaun Dixon, eluding police, being a violent felon in possession of a firerarm, possession of schedule I/II, possession of a schedule I/II whereas in possession of a firearm and being a felon in possession of ammunition;
• Thomas Patrick Doyle, distribution of schedule I/II managed substance;
• Jennifer Lynn Francisco, violation of probation;
• Samantha Renee Hutcherson, distribution of a schedule I/II managed substance;
• Brian King, three counts of distribution of schedule I/II managed substance, third or subsequent offense;
• Antonio Palysia Lewis, two counts of distribution of a schedule I/II managed substance, third or subsequent offenses;
• Kimberly Crawford Lee, failure to look (felony);
• Albert Guill Womack,two counts of distribution of a schedule I/II managed substance;
• Sarah Elliot Ingram, assault and malicious wounding; and
• Amanda Marie Overby, possession of a schedule I/II managed substance and possession of a schedule III managed substance.
This was a collaborative effort to apprehend people indicated via the Halifax Grand Jury, the Halifax/South Boston and State Police Regional Narcotic and Gang Process Pressure (HRNGTF), Halifax County Sheriff’s Workplace and South Boston Police Dept.
Taking part businesses embrace the HRNGTF, Halifax County Sheriff’s Workplace, South Boston Police Dept and the Virginia State Police (VSP).
The purpose of “Operation After Frost” is to soundly apprehend all indicted events, in response to George.
As well as, members taking part in “After Frost” tried to apprehend fugitives at the moment needed by the Halifax County Sheriff’s Workplace, South Boston Police Division, Halifax Police Division and Virginia State Police.
Further arrests are forthcoming.